Week 9: Topic 1

Topic 1:

The only time I have had to protect someone from listening to corrupted music is either with my younger brother or when I am out in pubic. Honestly I listen to explicit rap that has many different corrupted materials in it. Stuff that I do not want my younger brother hearing and thinking its okay. Explicit language, Drug references, down talk of woman, and so on. The list doesn’t end with the rap that you hear today. Another time I had to be careful was at the gym I was playing music with a friend and a little girl with her mom came in. I had to turn the music off because I didn’t want to expose that girl to all of the explicit content. Some of the new rappers that we listen to today are becoming more and more explicit. Some of the new rappers that raises eyebrows for most people and I, are 21 Savage and XXXentacion. These rappers constantly rap about killing, shooting, drugs, sex, and more. It’s a lifestyle that some people should not be exposed to.

I didn’t really feel anything when that happened. I felt kind of bad that I was exposing that stuff to people around me but in todays society kids get exposed to everything no matter what. If a kid owns a phone, computer, tablet, or any technology, they are going to see explicit stuff they shouldn’t. Its how everything is turning out now.


My favorite music genre is Hip Hop/Rap. The artists I listen to the most are J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, Drake, and Travis Scott. These are all huge name rappers right now that you can hear or see just about anywhere. I saw Travis Scott and J. Cole in concert last year and had a blast. It was one of the best times of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5: Topic 1

Week 1 Topic 2

Week 1: Topic 1 (About me)